Know Before You Go
Lessons meet behind Main Lodge
Check-in for all lessons is at the "SnowSports Academy Learning Center" behind the Main Lodge near the base of the Heather Chair Lift. On-snow supervisors will be there to introduce students to their instructors.
To ensure that equipment rentals are available we recommend purchasing your rental equipment in advance by booking online.
If renting equipment, please check-in at least 60 minutes prior to your lesson starting time, or the evening before.
What to Wear
When skiing or riding, layering works best. Be sure to have a waterproof jacket and pants and plenty of layers underneath. Helmets, goggles, a neck gaiter or buff, and gloves are highly recommended for all of our skiing and riding guests.
What to Bring
When in a lesson or guided experience, each guest needs to have a lift ticket or season pass. Buy your lift tickets early for the best price. Our Learn to Ski & Ride lessons includes a rental package.
Mountain Sports Levels
In order to best instruct our guests, we classify levels of skiing and snowboarding. Please see below for guidance on what each level translates to in ski/snowboarding ability.
- First time on skis
- Can glide in a wedge | Stops evenly in a wedge | Links wedge turns | Controls speed with turn shape | Can stop by turning
- Controls speed by turning | can adjust wedge size in turn | Skies easy green runs confidently
- Starts turn in wedge | Consistently matches skis between turns
- Consistently parallel on green runs | Use pole touch to trigger parallel matching on easy blue runs
- Can vary parallel turn size and shape on any groomed blue run
- Links parallel turns in blue bumps | Links parallel turns in blue powder
- Skis easy blacks safely and dynamically
- Dynamically carves turns | dynamically skis all lines in the bumps
- First time on a snowboard
- J-Turns | Heel edge skidding with speed control |Standing on heel edge
- Edge control with directional change | Starting to link S-turns
- Traverse across the slope on both edges | Linking S-turns on easy green runs
- Can vary turn size & shape to control speed | Rides cat tracks safely
- Confidently riding blue runs dynamically | Riding with independent suspension | Maintain speed in moguls and powder
- Confidently riding easy black runs | Flexion initiation vs. extension initiation | riding fakie on easy blue terrain
- Riding zipper lines through bumps | Maintains speed on all black terrain
- Steep chutes and trees | highly technical terrain