As you plan for your stay at The Highlands, the details make all the difference. Consult the information below for information on our standard lodging policies. And if you have additional questions, feel free to contact Central Reservations.
Check-In & Check-Out
Check-in and check-out for all accommodations take place at the Discovery Center- 5825 Highlands Drive.
|All Lodging||5 PM||11 AM|
Deposit, Cancellations, & Resort Fees
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
- A deposit equaling 50% of your total stay rate or a $100 per person golf deposit is required to confirm your reservation.
- Failure to arrive on a confirmed reservation date will result in forfeiture of the total deposit amount.
- Departing before your confirmed departure date will result in a charge equal to your room rate for that stay.
- Cancellations received 14 or more days prior to your arrival date will allow a refund of your deposit minus a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received inside 14 days of arrival require forfeiture of the entire deposit.
- Holiday reservations with stay dates between December 26-31 must be canceled on or before November 1 to receive the deposit minus the $10 administrative fee. After November 1 you forfeit your entire deposit.
- Special event deposit and cancellation policies may exist.
Deposit Assurance may be purchased when reserving your stay to protect your deposit within our 14 day (or November 1 holiday) cancellation period.
- Deposit Assurance means that upon cancellation within 14 days (or after November 1 for holiday bookings), your deposit will be put onto a house account for you to use towards a future lodging/package stay and must be reserved within 365 days of the original reservation date.
- Deposit Assurance must be purchased at the time of booking and is required to modify your reservation within the same period.
- If you did not purchase deposit assurance at the time of booking, you have 48 hours to call back and purchase.
- Cancellations outside 14 day (or before November 1 for holiday bookings) are refundable less the $10 fee, as well as a full refund of the Deposit Assurance fee.
- Modifications to the number of nights after the original purchase will not change your Deposit Assurance amount. Please note purchased deposit assurance is charged for every room reserved, and if the billing is split between parties, deposit assurance must stay with one guest per room.
- Deposit assurance is not travel protection/insurance and does not guarantee rates/availability for future stays.
Lodging Guests of The Highlands are encouraged to take advantage of all resort amenities. Please know a 10% resort service fee is included in nightly guest room rates. We encourage you to take advantage of everything we have to offer during your stay.
- Scenic Chair lift rides (summer season)
- Campfire and s'mores on select nights
- On property shuttle
- Use of Tower Lobby computer, printer, and internet service
- Newspapers in the hotel lobby
- Family movie nights
- Children's activities, such as arts and crafts
- Complimentary use of board games
- Front Desk assisted boarding passes
- DVD & Blue Ray players delivered to guest rooms
- Special activities and movies during exceptionally cold days during the winter season
- Fireworks on NYE and other special occasions
Guests can request trash and linen pickup anytime during their stay. We will be happy to deliver any additional in-room amenities upon request.
Packages are charged per person based on a minimum number of occupants, which varies per room. A supplemental charge will be assessed in the event that this criterion is not met, and changing the number of guests in your unit will change your rate. All guests must be 21 years or older with a valid credit card in their name to make a reservation and lodge with us.
Golf Packages, Tee Times & Additional Charges
Greens fees and arrival rounds may need to be signed for at the golf shop. Your tee time schedule and charges accompany your written confirmation letter. Please verify all information immediately when you receive it. All courses enforce a dress code including collared shirts with sleeves and walking shorts or dress slacks. Cut-off pants are not allowed.
The Highlands offers pet-friendly rooms at the Main Lodge only in select rooms. There is a pet fee of $50 per night, per room. Please call Central Reservations at 888.436.2296 to reserve pet-friendly accommodations.
Boarding kennels are located within 20 minutes of The Highlands.
It is Boyne Resorts' policy that we do not allow, nor encourage, sledding on any part of our beautiful Highlands skiable terrain. We will no longer allow sleds of any kind in individual condominium units or anywhere on property.
Michigan state law prohibits the operation of private snowmobiles on resort property. Please inquire about trails and trailer parking with Central Reservations during your booking process or inquire at the front desk at check-in.